With a little extra care, it’s easy to keep your glasses in great condition. Here are some useful tips you can follow:
PROTECTING YOUR FRAMES:
- When wearing your glasses, don’t push them up and leave them to rest on your head. This will stretch them out, making them too wide for your face.
- Always use both hands when removing your glasses from your face to preserve the shape of the frame and prevent stretching.
- Store your glasses in a high-quality case when you’re not wearing them to keep them from getting bent and scratched.
- Check periodically to make sure the screws aren’t loose. If they are, you can easily tighten them with a reader glasses repair kit.
- Keep your readers attached to a chain or cord around your neck so you don’t accidentally leave them behind.
CARING FOR YOUR LENSES:
- To remove smudges, particles, and dust from your lenses, use a specialised microfibre optical cloth designed for cleaning glasses. Don’t use tissues and paper towels as the fibres can scratch your lenses.
- It’s always safe to clean your lenses by rinsing them with warm, soapy water, or with a commercial lens cleaner.
- Stay away from using window detergents and alcohol-based cleaning solutions on your lenses.
- To avoid scratches, be sure to lay your glasses with the lenses facing up when you place them on surfaces other than your face.
- Avoid leaving your reading glasses directly in the sun or inside your car on hot days as the heat can be damaging.
Following these simple pointers, you will maintain the look and quality of your favourite glasses for a long time to come.